Data Privacy Notice
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Marjie Alonso is the data controller (contact details below). This means she decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
IAABC and all of its staff complies with the obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable IAABC to maintain your accreditation and membership status, including but not limited to listing on the website where permission has been given.
- To administer client records;
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
- Where processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party.
- Where processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject in relation to all forms of consultation, legal proceedings and record keeping.
- Where processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
5. How long do we keep your personal data?
Personal and sensitive data will be stored for seven years after your last contact, per US per education requirements, or in the event of death for three years thereafter.
6. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which IAABC holds about you;
- The right to request that IAABC corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for IAABC to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the datacontrollerprovide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable).
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
7. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
8. Third parties with access to your data
The IAABC is a US-based organization. In order to provide our services to you we rely on some third party service providers who may be based outside of the United Kingdom, and/or outside of the European Union. This means your data will be transferred outside of the European Union subject to appropriate safeguards.
The following providers are currently involved in providing the services associated with www.IAABC.org and any contract you may enter into through it.
Google. We use Google to provide analytics, and email services. Google are certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
Facebook. We use Facebook to promote our services and provide updates to patients and interested parties via our Facebook business page. We use Facebook to provide analytics of parties who have expressed an interest in our page. Facebook Inc. is certified under the Privacy Shield framework.
Website hosting and email. Website hosting and IAABC domain email addresses. Our website and database systems are hosted by Rackspace Cloud services. Our email is managed by Google’s G-Suite and routes through their servers. Google is certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact: info@IAABC.org
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF